Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers were called to a fire in a restaurant on Edgware Road, near Marble Arch. Part of the restaurant’s ducting (extraction system) was damaged by the fire. Around 30 people left the restaurant before the Brigade arrived. There were no reports of any injuries.
Watch Manager Matt Manning, who was at the scene said: “When we arrived, there was lots of visible smoke coming from the kitchen’s ducting system which was outside on the flat roof. Firefighters worked hard to quickly bring the fire under control and stopped it from spreading any further.
"Restaurant and take-away owners should always take care to make sure their extraction systems are kept clean as a build up of fat and grease can lead to a fire."